Friday, November 26, 2010

Post #103: Concert Review #1

So.... I went and saw Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin's Experience tonight.... I know I know its basically a cover band... yet the drummer is kinda good/ John Bonhams son/ and has played with Zeppelin before...... How was it?  Really really freekin good. It was. However they kept who was playing with him a secret!....until the show....  ooh the anticipation. Well......

 I created a new Iphone app tonight! Its called the Old Musician Recognition App!. You point and click on said musician and it scans the web and then tells you ..." this bass player played in the 80's band Cryptic Lipstick" or you might recognize this fill in keyboardist from Eastridge High Schools Marching Band 1992" avaiable now on itunes....
Anyways lets rate the show... I give it a 8 outta 10. It deserves it. I would totally see it again. The singer was spot on and The Jimmy Page clone straight ripped! Highlights included Kashmir, Ramble On and When the Levy Breaks for certain. I totally got lost in the music. To be fair I am ADD and frequently get lost in the frozen foods aisle but whatever...
Lowlights if I had to choose would be maybe Whole Lotta Love and Stairway. Whole Lotta Love followed Kasmir which killed.... and Stairway.... well is it sacrilegious for me to say I kinda didn't want to hear it. Don't get me wrong great classic song but do you want to see someone other than John Lennon sing Imagine or someone other than Will Ferrel be Ron Burgundy.
Probably not.........But Damn! Those songs reminded me that they really were probably the best pure rock band ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment