Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Post #115: The Phone

So......... basically I suck on the phone (NOT a teething joke). It's just a true statement about me. I always have and I now know I'm always going to. I frequently get the "You never call" or "I never hear from you" when they should be saying "thanks for saving me a few moments of awkwardness, Bailey." How can it be that bad. Well let me explain...

Here's some of the reasons......I often have those weird moments of saying the same thing as the person I'm talking to but at the exact same time ... you you....know know.... what what....I'm I'm...... saying saying!! Man!!! . I mumble from time to time... like this one time I muzlenumm friz allatr DESTUESELY! Crazy huh!!!  Also its been pointed out to me that I am a bit of a hand talker......which both makes it hard to hear as I swing the phone around and dangerous for others nearby. And don't get me started on relationships. I don't call often. Gets me in trouble. For example if I'm ever asked "How are you feeling about our relationship?".. over the phone...... well that might just be my version of water-boarding. You are in for a rambling collection of failing jokes "well...I feel furry!" that just go from sad to frustrating for my loved ones.......

Then......

Like a gift from above, I discovered the text message years ago. HALLELUJAH. Its great, I say whatever whenever......... well....... now the texts are the problems. My humor is intentionally sarcastic ..... and I haven't found the font that best conveys that. For example... no girl gets these joke texts when she doesn't know where I am........ 

Hey baby I miss ya. So much more than the girl I'm with right now. Ha!! 
or
Had fun last night (then purposely put the wrong name). 

To me funny, but to them I get a PHONE CALL and the whole cycle starts again. RING RING.......  Man!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment