Thursday, December 9, 2010

Post #116: The camera

Pictures..... The camera loves some.... not so much others.  And everybody falls into different categories of photo takers I think...... 

We all know the "red eye friend" in every photo..... it's like they have an uncureable case of pink eye.
Or funny photo guy (sometimes me) where you look back later and say tongue out pinching a nipple maybe not so appropriate at the baptism.... 
and then my friends and I had "who is that person?" person. In every photo for years. At the park or the monster truck rally or the free clinic. Its okay, they know me now!!!
Or one pose person. Head tilted, cheeks sucked in. Looks the same in a wedding or a three way.....
Then there's the person that "Just doesn't take good pictures" or says things like "It's weird! I've just never been very photogenic!" This just in.... you are actually just not that attractive. I have this theory where people who say this have one photo (in the perfect lighting, maybe on a low water retention day, in your skinny jeans, when you were like 5 years younger, and before that face tattoo) and you looked good that day..... you looked damn good!!!!..... and every other photo has never lived up! That's great for you...... but the truth... sadly.... people....... is the way people see you is probably closer to your driver's license picture. Kinda hard to hear huh?.......  
Oh man.... mine is brutal!!!!...... you know.... Forget this post completely!!!  Go on with your day.... take some photos. That's what I'm gonna do..... except it kinda sucks for me. I'm not very photogenic. Oh well..... but you should totally see this picture of me a few years ago at this candlelight dinner with the moonlight coming through the window rocking both a feather boa and just a small tuft of chest hair. I kinda make those jeans pop too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment