Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolution #9 of 10 to be more openminded

So starting this year I am going to become more open minded. Toss all my preconceived notions out the window........try things I normally think kinda suck all over again.... Who knows maybe I will discover some things are better than I remember. So below is a list of some things Im gonna try again......and then .....if it turns out ..... I do like these things.....what I might say. 


Eating vegan...... You know I might think Wow delicious! Flavor is overrated anyways...... and its great for my friends and family too... when eating dinner over at their house..... I can tell they like having to cook a whole bunch of extra things just to accomodate my dietary choice......


Watching lifetime....... Actually great channel.......Hating men and crying does make for fun programming


Country music....... I Love it (said all twangy)....Some of those songs take me away to a land of broken pickups, lost dogs, cheatin women, and other peoples trucks in my driveway...


The 2 party system....... In 2011 I think this totaly works....all the backstabbing, gridlock, lobbying, earmarks, corruption.... so entertaining....kinda makes democrats and republicans feel like the Hatfields and Mccoys of today!!!!


Hangovers...........still suck in 2011


Myspace........Now to be honest I don't hate.... I just don't ever check....but in 2011 Im giving it another go and early results are in.....and.....so much better than Facebook cause I can say anything or post anything crazy and nobody ever will know.....wait I do that on Facebook anyways...huh........mental note.....gonna tweat this.....


The Dentist..........man to be honest.......it would take really hot dental assistants whispering a promise of free golf for a year in my ear to make me enjoy this..... and to those of you who "Dont mind the dentist"....um....you have a persons hands in your mouth and they are scraping and drilling and.....ah!!!!! Just a random thought but I bet if you interviewed serial killers 9 out of 10 of them "didn't mind the dentist"


Attending someones graduation.......man was I wrong when I thought this was the most boring thing ever....now I soak in all sorts of life knowledge from pre-college teenagers giving their "what life is really all about" speeches and then I have like 3 hours to sit with my thoughts....when do you get that anymore!!!


Eating undercooked or spoiled meats.........Delicious!!!! This gets such a bad wrap....Nothing kills taste like cooking the juices out of something....plus you count the built in upcoming weight loss. If you are a big fan of this may I suggest the Chinese food cart Downtown on 5th...tell em Steve sent ya!


6 day work weeks....Thanks boss.... keeping me out of trouble!!!!


And finally (although  I swear there are probably 100 more things to retry) I think I have given certain dangerous animals a bad rap....This year instead of avoiding or swatting certain animals I am going to embrace the critters..Try to pick up and pet spiders and snakes......cover myself in chum and hope to swim with the sharks....give a bear hug to a grizzly.......live in harmony with rats in my house.......be one of those freaky dudes that covers himself in bees cause.....uh....I dont know  Why would you do that? Seems dumb.....anyways I'm off to go for a swim with some barracuda. They used to scare me but I bet they just tickle when they are all around you. blog ya later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment